Friday, August 30, 2013

Shared by Sappho


Just call me Sappho. I am a lesbian, 36 years old and I would like to share my positive experience with this crazy thing called love. I hope that with my story, many would be inspired to never give up in search of the right one. Although I am 'just' a lesbian to many straight people, I hope that they would realize that Love really do not care about one's gender. 

I met my girlfriend when we were in 1st year highschool in an all-girls catholic school. I was 13, she was 11. We were classmates. Let's call her Siren. She was not the campus hearth throb kind, and neither was I. But she was talented, articulate and active in school. And everytime I would finish writing a poem, I would always show it to her, and she was always there to like it -- those were the times when we didn't have facebook, and sharing things we have created actually meant a real human interaction. I still vividly remember the way she crossed her legs, what kind of sando she wore, and how her hands moved. I didn't know why I have such strong memories of her.
After freshman year, I didn't get to hang out with her. I'd only see her in the hall and we would only exchange hellos.The next time I'd see her would be years after college, when we were already working. I bumped into her at a mall and she was with her girlfriend then, so was I. I can't believe how happy I was to see her, but for some reason, we didn't even get to exchange numbers. I was probably too happy to see her that my girlfriend even asked who she was in a rather strange tone. 

Four years had passed since we bumped into each other and my relationship with my live-in girlfriend ended. During those times that I was struggling to find myself, reconnecting and just enjoying the single life, she was there. We'd talk on the phone, exchange text messages or even chat on facebook. But she was still in a relationship. So our friendship went on for a good 2 more years and we found ourselves just being the good friends that we were, listening to each other's hang ups with our own personal lives. For those two years I was heavily on the dating scene, to the point of almost getting myself in trouble for dating someone at work. But I never really had me a relationship. One date would always fail, after another. Whenever I would date someone, she'd know about it. If it doesn't work out, she'd know about it. And she's always a good listener as she listens with heart and doesn't have any judgements, no matter who or what the story is about.

Then came a time that chatting on fb or texting just wasn't enough. We found each other just hanging out even when the invite extended to fellow batchmates as they would back out of the gimmick right on the last minute. When she drove me home on one of our hang outs, things started to change. I saw her for the beautiful woman that she's always been. I fell in love. She didn't want to jump right into it then but I pursued her. And we've been inseparable ever since. It is such a great feeling, knowing for sure how things can be so right. 

I hope that my story would inspire those to never give up on love, and to remember to be kind to themselves being single, because when one knows how to be happy being alone, then that would be the most attractive thing. However, I had to put God into my quest for love. I surrendered all my heartaches and disappointments to Him, and had willfully forgiven all the exes that had done me wrong, even if I have no more communication with them. It was only then that He showed me who is right for me.
True love happens, no matter how many lies and falsities had been told about it, by other people and by our own experiences. So this is my story, my circle of life and love beginning and ending at age 36. I truly hope and wish others will find the beauty in surrendering and pursuing.



1 comment:

  1. Pano po ba mg-pm sa inyo ms jane, avid reader nio po aq..

    ReplyDelete

What is on your mind now? Share your advice/comment with LOVE. :)

 
© 2013 Imsharing. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used.